Best iPhone Compatible Blood Pressure Monitor: Qardioarm Review
THE QARDIOARM SMART WIRELESS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
The key to saving your brain, heart, kidneys, eyes and sex drive from the detriments of high blood pressure is to check and monitor your blood pressure regularly. This what I do and is also why I purchased the QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor.
The Qardio Arm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure is smart indeed. It was designed to make checking your blood pressure effortless. No more having to go to the doctor’s office or fumble with manual blood pressure cuffs. With this device, you can check your blood pressure any time anywhere. It’s faster, it’s cheaper, and your results are easier for you to understand. The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is changing the game where at home blood pressure monitoring is concerned. Read on to find out why I rated the best in its class.
Why I Love It: Easy to Use. Easy to Read. Compact Design. I never leave home without it.
Compatible with iOS and Android devices including Apple Watch and Android Wear.
- Easy Report Interpretation
- High Clinical Accuracy
- Stylish and Easy to Carry
- Easy to Setup and Use
- Triple Measurement Average for Validity
- Geo-tracking Ability
- Secure Data Management
- Easy Data Sharing
- Complement Qardio mobile app for iOS, Kindle and Android Users
- FDA Approved
Measuring your blood pressure is one of the most important ways of getting a picture of what your heart health looks like, and with heart disease becoming one of the most prevalent killers across the world today, it’s rightly important. And because high blood pressure is often a precursor to heart disease, monitoring blood pressure is a vital first step where prevention is concerned.
Traditionally, blood pressure measurements were often restricted to doctor’s appointments, but because blood pressure can change based on different factors, it’s important that everyday folk be able to measure it on the go, and that’s where wireless Blood Pressure Monitors like the QardioArm come in.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS?
International health organizations like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) recommend that people measure their blood pressure at home, a practice they call Self-Measured Blood Pressure (SPBM) monitoring or Home Blood Pressure Monitoring (HBPM). This is because blood pressure rises and falls at different times of the day, and chronic high readings are an indicator of high blood pressure. High blood pressure or hypertension can cause serious medical issues like heart failure, stroke, and kidney failure or ultimately lead to death.
High blood pressure is commonly referred to as a silent killer because it shows no outward signs or symptoms and can only be detected by constant monitoring. Home Blood Pressure Monitoring is an especially good way of catching issues as they arise and tracking if any medication or lifestyle change has any effect on blood pressure. The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the most effective home blood pressure monitors because it syncs with your smartphone or tablet and displays your results in a simple way that anyone can understand their readings and the implications for their health.
I did a little investigation and these are 8 reasons why the QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is going to be a great tool for keeping up with your blood pressure goals.
- Help with early diagnosis: Using the QardioArm can help you and your doctor diagnose high blood pressure earlier than if you have only occasional blood pressure readings in your doctor’s office. If you have to wait until you visit the doctor before you know what your readings stand at, it might already be too late.
- It helps you reduce your health care costs: One of the many benefits of using the QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is that it helps you cut the number of visits you make to the doctor’s office. I found that you can just keep your doctor’s appointments as a check to what you already measured, especially if you send your doctor your readings.
- You can monitor your blood pressure over a period of time: Sometimes you need to monitor the progress of your blood pressure to see how much progress you’re making. This is especially true if you are taking drugs prescribed by your doctor, and with the QardioArm, you can get a detailed profile over time.
- Email your blood pressure readings to your doctor: The QardioArm allows you share your blood pressure readings with your doctor via email anytime you take a measurement. This is a really great way to keep your physician in touch with how you’re doing without going to see him every day.
- It helps you identify masked hypertension: So, here’s what I found – there’s such a thing called masked hypertension, and this happens when you record normal blood pressure values when you are in your doctor’s clinic but higher figures when you are at home. By comparing the results from clinic visits with that from your measurements taken at home with the QardioArm, your doctor can identify if you have a case of masked hypertension.
- It helps you identify white coat hypertension too: Well I also found out that some people experience spikes in blood pressure as a result of the anxiety associated with seeing a doctor. People like this find the mere thought of seeing their doctor enough to get your heart racing and increase their blood pressure, a condition curiously called white coat hypertension. Luckily the QardioArm helps you crosscheck if your readings at the doctor’s place are actually real or only elevated by anxiety as you can take your own readings in the comfort of your own home, which means you can obtain real figures as you go about your daily activities.
- It helps you monitor your treatment: Really, the only way to know if your lifestyle changes or medications are working is if you measure your blood pressure regularly. The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor makes it so easy to measure blood pressure changes at home and you always have information that helps you and your doctor make decisions about your treatment. Regular monitoring helps your doctor develop a treatment program that is right for you and effectively adjust your drug and dosage as needed as well as to correct any prior evaluation concerns.
- It encourages you to take better control of your health: I think using the QardioArm also gives you a stronger sense of responsibility where your health is concerned. Because you are tracking your results constantly, you will feel even more motivated to control your blood pressure.
TWO MAIN CONSIDERATIONS YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHEN CHECKING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE AT HOME
If you are testing your blood pressure at home, it’s important that you accurately assess yourself and follow the necessary precautions to get an effective reading. A few things you should consider when monitoring your blood pressure at home include:
- Considering timing when testing. – Testing at the right time and following the right procedure is also important for an accurate measurement. I would advise that you test your levels between 7 and 8 AM and then again between 7 and 8 PM. For the most accurate reading and to avoid confounding issues, such as fatigue, emotions, etc., be sure to rest at least 5 minutes before testing. Likewise, you should complete each reading twice, 1 minute apart. At the beginning or following an adjustment of your treatment regimen, you should measure your blood pressure continuously for 3 days and then drop back to 2 to 3 days per week. Also take note of any symptoms, such as dizziness, headache, and swelling, at the time of each reading.
- Maintaining proper positioning. – Keeping the proper positioning when you are testing your levels is also important. You should be in a supine or sitting position with your upper arm, heart, and the monitor at the same level for the most accurate assessment of your blood pressure levels.
BENEFITS OF USING THE QARDIOARM SMART WIRELESS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
- Get color-coded styled charts and graphs
- Triple measurement average for validity
- Irregular heartbeat detection
- Get notifications for friends and family use
- Add notes
- Set reminders
- Supports multi-user functionality
- Share results easily with others like your doctors
- Geo-tracking enabled
- Track results on your smartphone with the Qardio App
HOW TO USE THE QARDIOARM SMART WIRELESS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the easiest to use blood pressure monitors in the market and that probably accounts for why its users measure their blood pressure three times more than other people who use other monitors. That really says a lot about the importance of being intentional when it comes to product design.
To use the QardioArm, get seated in a comfortable position and make sure you are wearing your monitor correctly. You can find instructions about the right way to wear it on your product pack. The blood pressure cuff served as the protective cover for the device. Just unroll the cuff when you want to use it and then you can roll it up again as soon as you are done. Next open the Qardio App on your smartphone or tablet and then hit the green START button to begin and you’re good to go. As soon as you hit START on your device, the QardioArm cuff inflates until it hits the correct pressure and then deflates again. For validity, the monitor measures three times and then gives you the average for a more accurate result. As soon as you’re done, results are displayed on the screen instantly and also stored securely on the Qardio Cloud for easy access just in case you need them later.
If you want to measure for another person though, you have to make sure you turn on VISITOR MODE, that way you don’t have to save the reading in your history. I also found it really delightful that the QardioArm has a relaxation feature that allows you select a photo slideshow to view while taking your measurements. Using the relaxation feature Visitor mode will open up a default Qardio photo folder instead of your personal pictures for additional privacy.
You can also add notes once you’re done taking your reading and then share with your doctor so someone else has an eye on whatever you’re feeling.
However, I think that the stand out feature of the QardioArm for me was the simplicity of the results that it gives. Let’s be honest, many of us struggle to interpret what the right range for healthy blood pressure is. At least I do. The QardioArm just makes results really easy for users to read. Results first show up as numbers but if you have trouble understanding that, you can view your results as a color-coded chart that shows you where your blood pressure and heart rate fall in according to WHO standards so everyone can have a pretty easy grasp of where they are, and that for me is awesome.
The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is priced at $99 on the Qardio store but prices may be different on Amazon and other stores. However, for $99, I think that’s really reasonable considering the full retinue of features it packs in at once. The Qardio store also offers free shipping on orders over $50 so you will find that very attractive too. It comes with four 1.5V AAA batteries supplied, but you will need to replace them on your own as soon as they run out.
The QardioArm gets a rating of 4.93 out of 5 from us and here’s why.
- CLINICAL ACCURACY: 4.8/5
The QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor can measure systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as heart rate and can detect irregular heartbeat – which many other competing wireless monitors do not offer. It is clinically validated for both US and European standards. That really means that your readings are as medically accurate and scientifically precise as possible.
- EASE OF USE: 4.8/5
A big indicator of a great blood pressure monitor is its ease of use, after all, what’s the point of having a monitor you struggle to understand? The QardioArm is rather easy to set-up and use as it has a clever one-touch pairing mode inbuilt into it that ensures your device is up and ready to use at the snap of your fingers. An extra plus of the QardioArm is its result interpretation feature that helps you understand the numbers and what they mean for your health.
- PORTABILITY: 4.8/5
Another big advantage the QardioArm has is its portability. Its small and compact design makes it such a great companion that you can use any day, anytime –after a workout at home or even at the gym. Plus with the geo-location feature, users can track their readings across different places helping you spot stressful trends that may occur in your everyday life.
- DATA MANAGEMENT AND SHARING: 4.9/5
The QardioArm Blood Pressure Monitor tops the charts for its data sharing and multi-user features. Users can pair as many as eight smartphones and tablets at any one time, allowing you to generate reports from your readings and share them with other people, or even your doctor so your primary care provider always has a hang on your stats. All your readings are also securely stored on your app where you can track your progress and lifestyle changes statistically.
- TECHNOLOGICAL USE: 4.9/5
The QardioArm comes with an add-on mobile app for iOS, Android and Kindle devices, as well as full integration with Apple Health and Samsung Health. It also supports both the Apple Watch and Android Wear, helping you get your results displayed on your phone or smart devices whenever you need to.
- EXTRA FEATURES: 4.9/5
What seals the deal for us and gives the QardioArm Blood Pressure Monitor an excellent rating from us is the retinue of extra features that back it up. One of the most important is the reminder function. Tracking your blood pressure can be a chore on its own, but imagine forgetting to do that? The reminder function makes it absolutely impossible to do so. Another important feature is its note-taking function that allows you write down your symptoms when taking a measurement – that way your doctor has a good overview of whatever symptoms you take note of as soon as you notice them. The final add-on feature that gets our attention is the relaxation mode that allows you select personal photos that you can view while taking your reading so you get a more accurate measurement.
Overall, the QardioArm Smart Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor gets a final score of 4.93/5 from us because of its full range of functionality and efficiency. If you’re on the lookout for a monitor you can use and trust without compromising on some of the added benefits you want to experience, then the QardioArm is the surest bet for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE QARDIOARM SMART WIRELESS BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
Q: How big is the cuff and what is the maximum arm size it will fit on?
A: The QardioArm fits an upper arm size of 8.7in – 14.6in (22cm – 37cm).
Q: Can my data be exported from their app for my own purposes, or downloaded from their cloud service?
A: Yes! You can export your entire history to excel at any time, just by following this step: Go to the “History” screen and then click on the download icon on the top right of the screen, add your email address and click on send.
The QardioArm also supports integration on the Apple Health App where you can also export your measurements.
Q: Does it need to be charged?
A: It uses AAA batteries that will need to be changed occasionally. If you take one blood pressure measurement every day, you will have to replace its batteries about once every 12 to 15 months
Q: Can your results be printed?
A: Yes, they can be printed. Your blood pressure results from your QardioArm can be emailed to you using the share feature on the “History” screen of the Qardio App. Once you receive it in your inbox you will be able to print it from there.
Q: Can you use the device for more than one person?
A: Yes, Your QardioArm can be paired and used with up to 6 unique users and mobile devices so multiple family members can use this device and keep the records separate! It can be used in visitor mode so you can email the results or track that way. Visitor mode will keep other people’s readings from being added to your history.
Q: Can one wear this device during sleep to detect abnormal heart rhythm?
A: QardioArm does provide irregular heartbeat detection. However, the product is not designed for continuous BP tracking or for use when sleeping. Although not exactly what you’re asking for, “Relaxation Mode” provides a slide show with scenic landscapes to help avoid false-negative readings associated with stress from viewing “live” numbers as measurements are taken. This routine provides accurate readings and irregular heartbeat detection – without the need to wear a device all night.
Q: Can 1 QardioArm be paired with multiple phones and each user maintains a separate set of cloud records?
A: Yes! The QardioArm can hold pairing relationships with 6 devices (smartphones or tablets), you only have to download the Qardio App in both smartphones and create a personal account for each of you. When you take a measurement with one of the devices the readings will be stored on that device so the results will be completely desegregated.
Q: Does it have batteries? Or must it be charged with an electronic cable?
A: QardioArm works with 4 AAA alkaline batteries, so there is no need to charge it. In normal use conditions where you take one blood pressure measurement every day, you will have to replace its batteries about once every 12 to 15 months
Q: Can it be programmed to auto-measure at certain times like at night?
A: No. Not that I know of at this time.